June 2, 2011

Brazilian-Style BBQ


Carlinhos and I had a BBQ on Sunday with all of his friends from Brazil.  And beforehand, I was worried about how the meat was going to be cooked and who was going to cook it, etc.  He insisted not to worry, that they were Brazilians and all they needed was course sea salt.  I ended up doing a carne asada marinade for some meat...just in case.  And in fact, sea salt was all that they used.  They bought big pieces of picanha and coated them with the salt and put them on the grill.  (Note:  Some say Picanha is a cut of tri-tip and some say it is top sirloin.  But either way it a cut from the rump).  The meat came out so tasty and I was so surprised that salt was all it needed, when I am constantly hearing about the best rubs, the best marinades and the best sauces for meat grilling.  Try it next time you want to grill some meat!

Oh, I also ate my first coracao de galinha (chicken hearts), which were quickly marinated in vinegar and garlic and then put in skewers on the grill.  The taste is pretty good, but they feel very rubbery!  I'd eat them again though!

1 comment :

  1. wowowow so much here for my hungry dog brain to handle right now!!!! yummm

    ReplyDelete