June 16, 2011

Best. Tacos. Ever.


We've been enjoying the super-good tacos at Jersey City's Taqueria Downtown since we moved here. These dudes originally from LA are bringing serious authentic Mexican-flavored realness. But in the 3 years or so that Jimmy and I have been eating here, we've rarely ordered outside our usual repertoire of tacos: Carnitas, Bistec and Pescado. I've gone for the Nopalitos (cactus) taco a couple times, and it is also delicious. And I do love the avocado and bean tostada. But usually we're all about pork, steak and fish tacos... because they are amazing, seriously. Last night however, we ventured out. I got the Chorizo taco, and it was yummy enough. But Jimmy got the Barbacoa (lamb) and OH MY GOD, so freakin good. I think we have a new regular in the rotation.


P.S. For those of you living in Manhattan or Brooklyn, the Taqueria has recently opened a 2nd location on the Lower East Side. You better go.

1 comment :