November 9, 2011

Soy-Ginger Chicken

Over my birthday weekend, Gayle & Andrew were so generous to give me a slow cooker.  So yesterday I decided to make the inaugural meal in it. I found this Soy-Ginger Chicken recipe on Martha Stewart's website which sounded very appetizing.  I always like these sweet and savory Asian flavors together.  All I had to do was combine the sauce right in the dish of the slow cooker.

Then I added the chicken and sliced carrots.
Then I just let it cook for 6 hours! So simple! And here is the final product with some freshly chopped cilantro and sliced scallions on top. 
Making this recipe in a slow cooker was super easy, and now I am so excited to make more yummy stuff in it! Thank you Gayle & Andrew for this awesome present!

1 comment :

  1. Your welcome!!! But now you have to have us over for dinner :) We love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete