November 20, 2011

Cranberries!

I love cranberries! I've been getting them fresh at the farmers market, and I want to tell you about some delicious things I've made with them lately. First of all, this Pan-Roasted Pork Chop with Cranberries and Swiss Chard which I found on Epicurious is so good and super easy,.. I've made it twice in the last few weeks! This last time, we had a nice dry cider with it that really rounded out the lovely fall flavor profile:

Second, I made some really amazing Cranberry-Orange Scones. I used this recipe, also from Epicurious, but with a few changes. I used fresh cranberries instead of dried, and added a little extra sugar to account for the tartness, and replaced a bit of the buttermilk with some fresh squeezed orange juice. Also I cut them into 16 pieces instead of 8, because they would have been way too huge.

They were so yummy right out of the oven, and even better the next day after the flavors had time to merge further. I'm going to make them again very soon!

1 comment :

  1. yummmmm! and those are so pretty! i gotta get some cranberries too!

    ReplyDelete