November 18, 2011

Salad Time!

I love making and eating salads.  It is usually what I eat for dinner when I get home from work on my late nights.  I am going to introduce you to the current salad in my life.  I think he's a keeper and not going anywhere.


I put a nice pile of arugula in a bowl, some thinly sliced onion, some sliced fennel, a little handful of sun-dried tomatoes, another handful of sliced almonds, freshly ground salt and pepper, some grated Parmesan cheese, and lastly a drizzle of olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar if I feel like it. Other options if they are around: avocado (pictured here) and prosciutto.

Note: I know there are a lot of people who add pre-made salad dressings to their salads. But these have so many processed, fake ingredients. I promise that if you get a good olive oil and be liberal with the S&P (to your taste), you will like it much better than that other crap, and it's better for you!

2 comments :

  1. Your Mom turned me on to fennel & arugula salads & I'm hooked too! It's all about the olive oil / lemon juice dressing :)

    ReplyDelete