October 9, 2012

Stuffed Shells with Fennel, Radicchio and Cheese

This recipe was on the cover of last month's Food & Wine magazine and whatever it was I had to make it!  When I saw what the ingredients were I knew that I would LOVE it.  I am a huge fan of radicchio and fennel, and who doesn't love cheese and pasta of any kind!?  This was easy to make, although I used a mandoline which made the job faster and way easier than doing the slicing by hand - so I highly suggest that.  I also made a homemade tomato sauce that you could of course just replace with your favorite jarred sauce to make it even faster.


The mix of fontina, ricotta, and the veggies was so nice, and had a very earthy flavor that was perfect.  This dish is great for fall and days when you want comfort food!  I served it with Italian chicken sausages and salad.  I will definitely make this dish again and so should you!


1 comment :