October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween from Sandy-Ravished Jersey!

Well you guys, the super-storm has been crazy, but the good news is, I was able to get these Halloween treats baked before the power went out:

They are Chocolate Halloween Devil Kitties! Super yummy chocolate cookies with a touch of spice. So good, and so much fun! 



I used this recipe from a really great baking blog that I like a lot, but with a different shape, obviously. And I didn't have dutched cocoa powder, but she explains in her baking basics section why it is OK to substitute regular unsweetened. They were delicious!

Papi was running around our apartment like a crazy person a few hours before the hurricane hit, and we were convinced he sensed it coming.  So the little bit of cayenne pepper on top (which is such a super tasty finishing touch by the way) was a perfect representation of his friskiness.

I have to say this is one of the most exciting things I've made in a while. Tiny spicy chocolate kitties!! They have gotten us through the hurricane, for sure. 

Meow!
xo,
~Shauna :)

1 comment :