October 17, 2011

Tortilla Soup

What better way to ring in the fall than with a hearty soup, and what better soup than Tortilla Soup!  I love this stuff but have never made it.  I found a recipe on Food Network that sounded good, and boy was it!  There was nothing to it and it came out really good!  The soup base was quite tasty, but then once you add the cheese, lime, avocado and tortilla strips, it sends it right over the edge!  To the sky's edge in fact! ;)

































This soup is so hearty and filling with all that chicken and the black beans and avocado!  I used 3 chicken breasts as the recipe says, but I think even 2 would be plenty - just depends on how chickeny you want it.  And just so you know, I am a professional over-eater, and I was really full after just one bowl! 

Note: I've decided not only am I on a search for the best flan recipe, but now I am also searching for the best tortilla soup recipe!  This was quite a start!  Stay tuned...

3 comments :

  1. awesome!!!!! i'm gunna try it out i love tortilla soup xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great...even first thing in the morning!...so-me too (i will try it!)xoxoxxo:]

    ReplyDelete
  3. So we did try it-Harold made this last night and it was very tasty! (but didn't look quite as pretty as yours...?;] xoxo

    ReplyDelete