October 19, 2011

Jitlada Thai

I have been wanting to go to Jitlada Thai Restaurant for some time now.  It is always on everyone's list for best Thai in LA.  So I finally went and it was very good!  Carlinhos and I ordered the Pad Thai, the Massman Curry and Thai Iced Tea.  This was a last minute, starved brain, indecisive decision, after staring at their gigantic menu; and after I ordered, I wanted to trade the Pad Thai out for another dish, but it was too late.  That was not because I didn't want the Pad Thai, but because I felt I should've ordered something a little more exciting.  And it was also because after we ordered I noticed that there was a dish that was featured on Food Network's The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Hot & Spicy. (I will have to try that next time).
Nevertheless, the food was very good, unwanted Pad Thai and all!  The Massaman Curry was REALLY good!  If you have never had Massaman Curry, you must order it next time you eat Thai food.  It is a Muslim dish from the South of Thailand.  The flavors are so interesting and are like a party in your mouth - such strong and distinct flavors working perfectly together.  It is usually a mix of coconut milk, peanuts, potatoes, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, chili, sugar and tamarind.  So it's spicy and sweet, and beautifully aromatic.  I will definitely be trying to make it myself at some point.


























































No comments :

Post a Comment