August 8, 2011

Penne Puttanesca

I have been wanting to make this for a while but haven't because I haven't had the anchovies for it.  But over the weekend I went to Monsieur Marcel Gourmet Market to buy some.  And by the way, if you haven't been there you should go!  It's awesome!  They have all sorts of specialty foods, from olive oils to cheeses to anchovies and sardines.

The recipe I used is from David Rocco and it is really simple and REALLY tasty!  And don't be afraid of the anchovies - they just add flavor to this pasta and basically melt away in the olive oil.  They add a great flavor to the sauce.  I will definitely be making this again!  I think it took all of 15 minutes.

3 comments :

  1. OH yum! Hope next time you make it, we are there:] xoxo M:]

    ReplyDelete
  2. u gotta!!! it is super easy and super tasty!

    ReplyDelete