September 23, 2011

Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Soup

This is a recipe that I got from Mom, and I believe she got it from one of her friends.  Very tasty and very easy!  I made it for dinner last night and it's already all gone! 
Ingredients: 
3 TBS Butter
1/4 C chopped onion (yellow)

1 LB mushrooms, quartered (white button or crimini or both)

1/3 C flour

4 C chicken broth

1/2 C half & half

1/2 C dry white wine  
1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce (i.e. tobasco...I substituted cayenne pepper)

2-1/2 C  diced cooked chicken (I used 2 chicken breasts)

1/4 tsp tarragon, dried or 1/2-3/4 tsp fresh (I used more:)

flat leaf Italian parsley for garnish



Cook chicken in olive oil and a little S & P.   In a large pot, saute the onion in the butter.  Add mushrooms and saute for ~10 min.  Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and saute a little more and blend smooth.  Stir in chicken broth, 1/2 & 1/2 and wine and simmer a little until thickened.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for ~20 min.
  

Apply to mouth and smile ;)    ...had to say that
(Mom added this last step when she emailed me the recipe.  hehehe) 

1 comment :

  1. mmmm i love this soup... i gotta make it soon! i love tarragon so much!!

    ReplyDelete