April 15, 2012

Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cake

I recently went to a new(ish) donut place called Fonuts.  They are baked and not fried and so are kind of like little bundt cakes.  But they had a flavor that was awesome - Rosemary Olive Oil.  Ever since I tried that I have been wanting to make a cake with the same flavors.  I found this recipe online and it came out really good! I used 2 1/2 cups of flour and I think if I make it again I would use even less - maybe just 2 cups - because it was slightly dry.  But the flavors are so yummy together!  The rosemary is not overpowering at all, but rather adds a really subtle flavor and complementing the lemon and olive oil flavors perfectly.  This is a perfect cake to take to a summer BBQ which we all will be going to soon! Enjoy!


2 comments :

  1. yuuuuuummmmmmmmm!!!!! totally wanna make this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! Funny, I just made an Italian olive oil cake this weekend which sounds similar to this but without the rosemary...and it sure didn't look as pretty!!:] xoxo

    ReplyDelete