January 26, 2012

My New Toy!...A Vitamix Blender!

I have been going back and forth for a few months about buying one of these guys.  I had heard nothing but good things about them, but the price point is a little crazy for a blender.  I had finally settled in on buying a refurbished one for my Christmas present to myself since it still had a 7 year warranty on it.  BUT THEN, Carlinhos and I happened to go to Costco to stock up on some stuff and low and behold! they were having a sale on them for just about the same price as the refurbished joint.  So I had to do it!  And I am SO happy I did.  I have made so many tasty and healthy smoothies with it.  I am doing a Paleo nutritional challenge right now through my Crossfit gym, so this has really helped me get through the first week of that.  I would definitely recommend getting a Vitamix if you are thinking about it or are in need of a blender.  Here is a picture of one of my smoothies (before smooth-i-fication).

1 comment :